Thursday, September 18, 2008

Where'd my baby go?




So I got home last night, and managed to see Z awake for the first time in days. I was greeted with a boisterous DaDa! Oh man does that make a long day just fall away. El had the little one in her first pair of shoes walking around the mall. Yup. Our 11 month old is an official New Jersey Mall Rat.

El's been taking tons of pictures for me (all of the above are her handy-work), and in going through them late last night I realized that our little girl isn't a baby anymore. She's always seemed like more of a little person than a baby, she's had that look in her eye that says "don't bet against me understanding exactly what's going on here." But seeing her walking, seeing her comprehend with more and more precision what we say to her, it's apparant that our tiny girl has outgrown the baby label. It's pretty exciting stuff.

Enjoy the pics, and look forward to some video this weekend (I promise!)

2 comments:

Keith said...

As her uncle designated to teach her about the outdoors and all the fun there is to be had I need to ramp up my efforts before she becomes to familiar with that mall, I need to teach her words like bird, tree and halfpipe...

Anonymous said...

Where did our baby go?

She's so grown up. And if Uncle Keith is going to teach her outdoor words (I think he's especially familiar with 'halfpipe') then I'll have to start teaching her "political words":-)

xoxoxo zayde